Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!! CPU powers up but no display

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simplysleep

simplysleep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hi guys!

I really need help. My monitor won't display anything but my CPU is working. This has happened before already but it has gotten worse. What I mean is that before when this would happen, I would simply wait for about 20-45 minutes and then my display would work. However, right now my display would flat out stop, even if I wait for 6 hours. This happened 2 days ago when I got the "Critical Structure Corruption" while I was watching a movie, then my PC restarted. But when it restarted, my display stopped working, even if I waited for a couple hours. 

I Ruled out the following:

I don't think its my monitor because my monitor has the yellow light indicating that its being powered up. 

I took out the CMOS, waited 5 minutes, and then put it back on. Still no display. 

I reseated my video card, hard drives, ram, turned it back on, still no display. 

I plugged my monitor to my motherboard directly instead of my video card, still no display.

I really need help guys!! 

PS: I custom built this gaming PC and I have upgraded to a water cooler a long time ago. 

Here is my build:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/p68KHx. Its a Windows 10.

Edited by simplysleep, 13 August 2016 - 05:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Pull the video card and connect directly to the MOBO video.  If not starting then the power supply is suspect.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Worth A Look

Louis

#4 simplysleep

simplysleep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Worth A Look

Louis

I have used google; thats where I got the idea of taking out the CMOS, reseating hardware etc. I'm posting here in hopes that I would be able to get useful information that i couldn't find from my google search. 

#5 simplysleep

simplysleep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

Pull the video card and connect directly to the MOBO video.  If not starting then the power supply is suspect.

I don't think its the power supply because like I said my PC is booting up and it is powering up my monitor. My monitor simply can't get a signal from my PC. I have already tried just plugging in my monitor to my MOBO, and it still wouldn't display anything; my video card was still hooked in on my MOBO though. 

Edited by simplysleep, 13 August 2016 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users