Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly... no sound!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

Hello, I currently had a problem with my laptop a few minutes ago, but thankfully I was able to fix it by returning to a previous build (Windows 10, and I recently installed the KB3176493 update, and then reverted to the previous version)

The problem occurred while I left my computer rendering some Lego Models, when I wasn't looking, the battery of the laptop ran out of juice and the whole laptop shut down. The good thing was that no progress was lost on the render. The bad thing was that sound was not coming out of Youtube/Google Chrome/Besiege/LDD/ and the playback in the Sound Enhancement Window. Another thing that I noticed was that in the Sound Enhancement window was giving me an error stating "Sound Device is being used by another application". This got me fed up and I decided to return my laptop to it's previous build. When the laptop was done going back to the previous build, the sound was back to normal.

Now my question is, what could be a better solution than what I did, to fix this "No-Sound" bug that happened to me. Any suggestions are welcome as long as it doesn't start any other problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HoDANG

HoDANG

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

Where are you seeing this "sound enhancement" window? 

I doubt that the un-installation of the security update was what solved your issue, but rather it was the restart that you were forced to do after the update(I'm thinking it was a temporary issue that was resolved by a reboot).

There is no way to tell for sure, unless you go and install the update again and report back whether the sound problem has returned. If it does return, then we can go from there. 

Edited by HoDANG, 13 August 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

You could have restart your laptop amd if the issue still not resolved you could have uninstall and install latest  version of the Audio card driver.

Posted Image

#4 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

Where are you seeing this "sound enhancement" window? 

I doubt that the un-installation of the security update was what solved your issue, but rather it was the restart that you were forced to do after the update(I'm thinking it was a temporary issue that was resolved by a reboot).

There is no way to tell for sure, unless you go and install the update again and report back whether the sound problem has returned. If it does return, then we can go from there. 

You could have restart your laptop amd if the issue still not resolved you could have uninstall and install latest  version of the Audio card driver.

HoDANG - the "sound enhancement" is actually the "Sounds" Option when right clicking on the Audio in the system tray.

Before I uninstalled the update, I shut down the laptop and turned it back on, but the Audio still was not working. After that was when I returned my laptop to its previous build. Audio Card driver was also up to date

Update: I re-installed the update and now no problem except I have to re-install a few driver updates again(could be related to audio issues). But as of right now, no issues with audio

Edited by Andre_Castillo14, 13 August 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#5 HoDANG

HoDANG

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

I'm glad you got it working :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users