Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to block ppl here?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nferia

nferia

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

There is someone contacting me, and asking me to email them because they "have something very confidential that i want to share with me"... which I am sure is just some kind of phishing scam.
I came here for help with a pc issue.. not to be harassed by strangers.
And yes, I asked her nicely not to contact me again, to which she ignored, and continued to do so.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 August 2016 - 03:09 PM.
moved from General Chat to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

Hi nferia :)

If you are being harassed via PM on BleepingComputer, please report that member to a Site Admin or Global Moderator, so that user can be dealt with.

Site Admin: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list&filter=18
Global Moderator: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list&filter=7

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,989 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

Same here... reported!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Also, Settings --> Members --> click member --> Block

can be used until ad admin or mod steps in.

Edited by RolandJS, 13 August 2016 - 08:33 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

Thank you for reporting this. We certainly do not want anyone here at Bleeping Computer to be harassed by anyone.
Based on what you have said I have taken action against the person reported by nferia.
In cases like this they usually send the same thing to several members. The only way we find out about it is if the moderators are made aware of it.

bwv848, just to make sure that you are talking about the same person please private message me with the name of the one who contacted you.

#6 nferia

nferia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

she was just pressuring me to contact her for a 'very confidential matter" and since i do not know her, it just seemed an odd thing. especially since she literally joined minutes before sending the message to me. i get scary things like that on other sites.. it was just creepy. 

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Welcome to BleepingComputer!  Hope you get the computer answers you want  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users