Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My pc is burning up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ezeemon

Ezeemon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

Hey everybody my name is Ed. I'm having some issues with my PC I noticed that after a couple of months of updating to windows 10 my PC started to overheat I don't know what to do please help PS don't know much about computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezeemon

Ezeemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

My pc is in idle I have to video cards .

Attached Files

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:10 AM

Clean inside your computer from dust and dirt and apply new thermal paste to CPU make sure all the fans are dust and dirt free.
You can install latest version of the graphic card driver from below link.
Open the Task Manager and see if any process is non stop utilizing the CPU, GPU and HDD. If there is such a software then you will need to uninstall and check for new version of the software if you want to install it back.

"GeForce GTX 480 driver Version 368.81 - WHQL"
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/105037

Edited by FreeBooter, 13 August 2016 - 02:10 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Ezeemon

Ezeemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:48 AM

Thank you for replying ,but how to I check for  process is non stop utilizing the CPU, GPU and HDD.. what do I look for? 

#5 HoDANG

HoDANG

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

how to I check for  process is non stop utilizing the CPU, GPU and HDD.. what do I look for? 

To view CPU, Memory(RAM), Disk(HDD/SSD), and Network usage : 

If you open up task manager(Ctrl + Shift + Escape). If the window is small, then click "More Details" in the bottom left. If you click the Processes tab near the top. If you make the window real big. Then you will see what %CPU %Memory %Disk and %Network are being used by Windows and all the programs that are running in the background. If you want to sort %CPU from highest to lowest for example, you would simply click the %CPU header near the top. To list everything in a graph view, click the Performance tab. 

If you would like to see what is using the GPU, you can start by : 
1. Right click on an empty space on the Desktop.

2. Click NVIDIA Control Panel

3. At the top menu bar, click the Desktop drop down. Then fill in the checkbox labeled, "Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area"

4. Left click on the new, rainbow colored icon, which had been added to the Notification Area(The upwards pointing arrow located to the left of your clock/calendar).
5. A window should pop up showing a list of all applications that are utilizing the GPU. 

You can then go and look at Task Manager on the "Details" tab for the application that you saw listed through following the previous steps. Once you find it, right click on it and select "Open File Location". Do this for any suspicious files, and write down where on your computer they are located. Then type that file location into a Google search and see information about the file.  

You should NOT mess with any of the files unless you know EXACTLY what the consequences will be, or unless you have gotten help from someone else who knows EXACTLY what the consequences will be. (For example, if you delete something and then a minute/hour/week/month later your computer stops working, that is your fault for not researching about what EXACTLY you are messing with). 

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

Thank you HoDANG for your perfect answer to OP question.

Posted Image

#7 HoDANG

HoDANG

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

:D
And of course, if there isn't anything bad on your computer that is causing this high temperature. Then do what FreeBooter has suggested, and clean out your computer(If it is a desktop you must turn it off, then if there is a power switch then tick it to the off position, unplug the computer,  then take the side panel off and then used a compressed air can while holding the fan so it doesn't spin). If it's a laptop you probably don't wanna take it apart(there's like 20 screws hidden in all places around the computer). 

Edited by HoDANG, 13 August 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

Something telling me its antivirus program causing the issue but you will only know when you check what each processes doing from Task Manager.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users