Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Outlook contacts into Word for Envelope printing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HankDfrmSD

HankDfrmSD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

In my last Win 7 computer, I could go to the envelope printing page in Word, click the "insert address" icon, and I would get a window that said "Outlook", from which I could go to any of my Outlook contact lists and select an address to print.

I have installed the same two programs (MS Word 2010 and MS Outlook 2010) on my new Win 10 computer. All the Outlook files are on the new computer, and all the contacts display correctly in Outlook. Both programs work fine, except that when I click the "insert address" icon in Word Envelope, It takes me directly to an empty address book, with no option to go to Outlook. See attached snips.

Anyone know how to get Word to recognize my Outlook files in my new computer?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:47 PM

I have Word 2007 and Word 2016.  In Word 2007 it says you set up the addresses with the Mail applet of the Control Panel.  With Word 2016 it says you set up the addresses in Microsoft Exchange.  I don't know what Word 2010 uses, but if you move the mouse pointer over that icon you circled in your post, it will tell you.  Personally I just type the address in, but I don't do that many envelopes, maybe 1 or 2 per month.

Good luck.

Edited by Niweg, 12 August 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 HankDfrmSD

HankDfrmSD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

I found the answer to my own question. Here it is:

Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
  1. On the File tab in the Ribbon, and then select the Infotab in the menu.
  2. Click the Accounts Settings tab, and then click Accounts Settings again.
  3. Click the Address Books tab.
  4. If your Outlook Address Book is listed, click Close, and then go to "Step 2: Mark your contact folder for use with your address book." If your Outlook Address Book is not listed, click New.
  5. Select Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
  6. Select Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
  7. You receive a message that states that the address book that you added will not start until you click Exit on the File menu. Click OK.
  8. Click Finish.
  9. Click Close, and then restart Outlook.
Step 2: Mark your contact folder for use with your address book
  1. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Properties for your folder name.
  2. On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.
Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
  1. Select the Contacts folder, and then click the Folder tab in the Ribbon.
  2. Click the Folder Properties tab in the Ribbon.
  3. On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users