Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Capture for Firefox

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Anybody know a good one?   Firefox lists lots of them but they never say how to use them so they are useless?   I used to have a good one but then it became a problem with unwanted stuff showing up?   Why do they have all these add ons with no way to know how to use them?

Edited by hamluis, 29 August 2016 - 03:08 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Why do they have all these add ons with no way to know how to use them?

This is one of the major reasons I don't use very many browser based applications. Unless it is specific to that browser. I prefer stand alone apps.

I like Greenshot: http://getgreenshot.org

And

Sharex: https://getsharex.com

Use with any browser or without a browser to manipulate existing images on the computer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 821 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

I agree with what Animal had said, there are some stand alone ones, like, lightshot, greenshot, snagit, list goes on and on,

you can also take a screen shot with PrtSc (Print Screen) but you'd have to paste it into photoshop or paint or another image manipulation program, eg, gimp.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#4 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:01 AM

Why do they have all these add ons with no way to know how to use them?

This is one of the major reasons I don't use very many browser based applications. Unless it is specific to that browser. I prefer stand alone apps.

I like Greenshot: http://getgreenshot.org

And

Sharex: https://getsharex.com

Use with any browser or without a browser to manipulate existing images on the computer.

Thanks Animal I'll give these a try I appreciate your recommendations

#5 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:03 AM

I agree with what Animal had said, there are some stand alone ones, like, lightshot, greenshot, snagit, list goes on and on,

you can also take a screen shot with PrtSc (Print Screen) but you'd have to paste it into photoshop or paint or another image manipulation program, eg, gimp.

Thanks - I wasn't aware of this procedure with Print Screen.   Hopefully one of these stand-alones will work.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

You're quite welcome, on behalf of the BleepingComputer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

Snagit is also a good one but needs payment.

#8 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

You're quite welcome, on behalf of the BleepingComputer community.

I can always count on you, Animal!  You never let me down.

Snagit is also a good one but needs payment.

I'll keep that in mind as a backup plan thanks.

#9 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

You can also use the built-in applications.

For Windows, there is Snipping Tool. It capture the whole screen, a whole window, or parts of the screen (either rectangular selection or free form selection).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

For Mac, there is Grab. Like snipping tool, it can capture the whole screen, a windows, or part of the screen. It also has a timed screen shot capture too.

http://www.howtogeek.com/228072/how-to-use-the-grab-utility-in-os-x-for-advanced-screenshots/

Many third party apps will do that same things, but also might add additional features.

#10 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

You can also use the built-in applications.

For Windows, there is Snipping Tool. It capture the whole screen, a whole window, or parts of the screen (either rectangular selection or free form selection).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

For Mac, there is Grab. Like snipping tool, it can capture the whole screen, a windows, or part of the screen. It also has a timed screen shot capture too.

http://www.howtogeek.com/228072/how-to-use-the-grab-utility-in-os-x-for-advanced-screenshots/

Many third party apps will do that same things, but also might add additional features.

Thanks - its nice to have choices especially ones that actually FUNCTION as intended they are so much more productive than me tearing my hair out - I hate when I do that. 

I really appreciate all the suggestions - some work better in certain situations than others if I can't find one that works now I must be daft!

#11 corradettikean

corradettikean

• Banned Spammer
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:28 AM

Hello Jayjax, don't fed up i am share my experience, means what i am still using for browers Awesome Screenshot: Screen capture, Annotate powered by Awesome Screenshot. it works best for browers bcz It helps us to capture the whole page as well. try these ones I hope you will never fedup again.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 September 2016 - 07:52 PM.
deleted spam link

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:41 AM

+1 on using the snipping tool of Windows 7.  For the occasional screen shot this is the way to go IMHO. No extra software install required and it does the job.

As an additional note pressing Print Screen will copy the full desktop which can be pasted into Paint. If you press Alt+Print Screen it will capture the active window only.

#13 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:25 AM

Hello Jayjax, don't fed up i am share my experience, means what i am still using for browers Awesome Screenshot: Screen capture, Annotate powered by Awesome Screenshot. it works best for browers bcz It helps us to capture the whole page as well. Software for desktop PC I'm using Screen Capture Utility. try these ones I hope you will never fedup again.

Thanks for the recommendations I will give those a try although I am thinking I used the Awesome Screenshot and had a problem with it but I may try it again.  

+1 on using the snipping tool of Windows 7.  For the occasional screen shot this is the way to go IMHO. No extra software install required and it does the job.

As an additional note pressing Print Screen will copy the full desktop which can be pasted into Paint. If you press Alt+Print Screen it will capture the active window only.

Thanks - I think I knew that at one time but I forgot - I'll keep them handy and may try them again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users