Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin rights not there

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shineburst

shineburst

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Hello Everybody,

I am here from my post, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622821/admin-rights-taken-away-could-not-run-anti-virus-in-normal-mode/#entry4061813 , about my admin right after a malware attack.

Because of this I cannot change my standard user status in the control panel to admin ( it is an admin in the Windows 10 setting though and the netplwiz) and the same for cmd admin.

They are pics attached with the issue. Any help will be appreciate and thank you in advance with helping me.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi shineburst :)

From your pictures and logs, everything suggests that your two accounts are currently Admin on the system... what makes you believe that they lost their Admin Rights?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

The reason they are greyed out is because you did not change anything. Like @Aura said, both of these accounts are still administrator

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#4 shineburst

shineburst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

I just double check after updating my Windows 10 that all my admin rights are back. Before, I could not mess with the registry editor, create a new account, or promote an existing account to admin. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the help.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

When you open a Command Prompt as a Administrator do get User Account Control promoting you permission to open Command Prompt as a administrator if not then set the  User Account Control setting to default settings.

How to Enable UAC in Windows 10:
  1. Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts.
  2. Click on the Change User Account Control settings link.
  3. In the User Account Control settings, move the slider to the third setting (Notify me only when applications try to make changes to my computer (default)).

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

All good shineburst. We're glad to know that your Admin Rights works properly :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users