Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2013 Crashes Upon Opening

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hello.

I had to replace my hard drive a few weeks ago. Outlook was working okay when I reinstalled office but I had several problems with the pst files. Now Outlook simply crashes when I open it. It reaches the "loading profile" point and then crashes.

Any idea on how to get it working again?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

Try starting Outlook in Safe Mode:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-Office-apps-in-safe-mode-on-a-Windows-PC-dedf944a-5f4b-4afb-a453-528af4f7ac72

And then while in Safe Mode, see if you can repair your profile:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-your-Outlook-email-connection-by-repairing-your-profile-4D5FEBF6-7623-486B-9A9F-D5CFC4264AF3

The other thing to try is to repair the PST file:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-64842a0a-658a-4324-acc6-ef0a6e3567cd

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 924 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the links.

While running the repair tool in safe mode it reaches a point where it says an encrypted connection is not available. Is t okay for it to proceed with an unencrypted connection?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the links.

While running the repair tool in safe mode it reaches a point where it says an encrypted connection is not available. Is t okay for it to proceed with an unencrypted connection?

Honestly, I know no idea. I am not even sure why it would need a connection repair the PST file or to a lesser degree the profile. I guess in repairing the profile, it might need to check the connection to the servers for your account(s). If it is this, then it would largely depend on how your accounts are setup (i.e. does either the outgoing and/or incoming connections to the server supposedly use an encrypted connection?).

#5 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 924 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

Thanks. A friend got it working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users