Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best free antimalware for Android?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

Knowing that no OS is safe, and being slightly paranoid, I put Avast Free on my Android.  However, I'd like to know if malware EXPERTS have a studied opinion about the best choice to protect our Android phones.  Thanks!

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 elizbethsewell666

elizbethsewell666

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

The best way to stay safe is check the apps before installation and not connect to malware detected machines. Also you can you kaspersky antivirus for your android phone.

#3 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

I use the following on my phone:

-Adguard

-Bitdefender Mobile

-Sophos

-Advanced Permission Manager (to remove un-needed permissions from apps before installing them)

and as @elizabeth pointed out, install apps from trusted sources. Even some apps on Playstore are infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users