Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notepad QQ

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:25 PM

Has anyone heard of or tried Notepad QQ? NotepadQQ is suppose to be a Linux alternative to Notepad++ and I found out this app about a year ago from a YouTube video, and the website appears to be safe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

I have never heard of it before, but I'm always interested to see what other programs are out there. I decided to give it a quick whirl. Having never used Notepad++ I cannot say how it compares.

I cannot vouch for the program's safety, but I scanned the 2 DEB files with Symantec Endpoint Protection, and the scan didn't flag anything. :)

By default it highlights lines, which is nice. That's one of my favorite features a text-editor can offer, because it's really helpful when scripting. I didn't see any way to turn off line highlighting (for those care).

cyRX1HP.png

It gives you the option to choose your line ending type. Cool.

yqBFCFa.png

It supports wordwrap, but it doesn't support just linewrap. Wordwrap is off by default.

wLQ2gjc.png

It highlights code nicely :). Usually I have to change themes when using Gedit, or what-ever, but Notepadqq seems to have a nice default code highlighting theme.

TK1ylIG.png

My first impression is that Notepadqq seems like a nice tool.

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 817 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:36 PM

I have never heard of it before, but I'm always interested to see what other programs are out there. I decided to give it a quick whirl. Having never used Notepad++ I cannot say how it compares.

I cannot vouch for the program's safety, but I scanned the 2 DEB files with Symantec Endpoint Protection, and the scan didn't flag anything. :)

By default it highlights lines, which is nice. That's one of my favorite features a text-editor can offer, because it's really helpful when scripting. I didn't see any way to turn off line highlighting (for those care).

cyRX1HP.png

It gives you the option to choose your line ending type. Cool.

yqBFCFa.png

It supports wordwrap, but it doesn't support just linewrap. Wordwrap is off by default.

wLQ2gjc.png

It highlights code nicely :). Usually I have to change themes when using Gedit, or what-ever, but Notepadqq seems to have a nice default code highlighting theme.

TK1ylIG.png

My first impression is that Notepadqq seems like a nice tool.

Cool glad you like it. :thumbup2:

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

Please cut down on the quoting !

It is almost never necessary to quote a complete post in a reply since posts stay in topics for the life of BC. There are rare exceptions to this, but posts are normally only removed because of serious breach of forum rules. By all means use quotes to highlight a particular point you want to address, but, unless it is a very short post, not the complete thing.

In #3 above, all that was necessary was to say "Cool, glad you like it" + thesmiley.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

Sorry Chris Cosgrove I'll try to remember that, I have some communication problems because of my autism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users