Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I plead ignorance and seek mercy.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 forgiven57

forgiven57

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

I plead ignorance and seek mercy.

There are wicked things alive in my computer and I don't know what to do. If you look up computer savvy in the dictonary, you will see a picture of me. But it will be a film negative, not a positive print. I am using Windows Windows 7. 

Before I begin to describe my troubles, I would to like to ask a couple few basic questions, in the event you don't think you can help with my more specific issues. 

1. I have been told that if I back up to Carbonite, viruses, malware and other destructive critters won't back up with my files, i.e bad stuff doesn't inhabit the files themselves. So if I reinstall my files after cleansing my hard drive, malware & viruses won't reinstall as well.

2. If the above is true, when I back up to a CD, DVD or flash drive, will I be saving only good healthy files and no viral EvilWare?

3. If I were to re-install windows, would it wipe the slate clean, demolish all viral EvilWare and let me start anew? Since I back up on Carbonite, I would lose some but not a lot.

4. Is there some trusted member of BC that I could hire to remotely hook up to my computer, take over and drive the viral EvilWare devils from it for good?

I have tried MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Spybot; all of these, I have now. It is too much, I imagine. I installed Spybot only yesterday. It ran once, found a bunch of stuff, removed it and will open no more. Malwarebytes, I had had for 2 - 3 years. It did a terriffic job for a year. Since then, it never finds anything, ever; though the presence of evil is evident. MS Essentials has always seemed to me to be the very zenith of mediocrity. But they are consistently so.

My most recent infiltration of wickedness was yesterday via Facebook. I got a friend request. I checked it out and we had a few mutual friends. There was little of the home page to see, but what was there seemed okay. So I confirmed. Immediately I was the only friend that she had and I was disconnected from her page. In an attempt to unfriend her, I looked for her on my friends list, she was not there. Then I searched for her name on FB and her account disappeared. I found her FB icon on my FB page informing me of her recent activity, so I clicked on it. I got a dialog box saying that account did not exist.

Since then my computer has been running grotesquely slow. I tried to open a picture in my Dropbox acct and after a minute or two, a box opened saying that I didn't have enought available memory to open the picture.

I deleted a software program that I was no longer using, then tried again. The picture opened normally. But the computer is still running dreadfully slow.

I do have other problems as well. Aside from miscellaneous slowness and other strange behavior, there is the following. 

I download a lot of pictures off the internet of my interests; knives, autos, etc. Then later I sort and file them. As I have a lage file open and I am sorting pictures into sub-catagorical files, after about 20 minutes, small Windows icons appear in the lower left corners of each of the 1 sq inch icons of the pictures that I have in the big file. The Windows icons start changing and growing until they become so large, it is hard to see the picture behind the icon. This happened in my last computer, as well. Perhaps it is a Windows problem, not a problem between the keyboard and monitor, or keyboard and chair.

Any how, Help! Please. Sincere thanks,
Paul

Posted Image

John 11:40

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Itproman

Itproman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

Here's a link that helped me once.

As you may know,one program will find things another misses.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-web-browser-redirect-virus

#3 forgiven57

forgiven57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

Thank you.

Posted Image

John 11:40

0 user(s) are reading this topic