Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Dashcam (.MOV) File

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ViridianScourge

ViridianScourge

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys,

I need to pull a video off my dash cam for a report. It seems every other file on my card is corrupt. I've since fixed the issue be reformatting the SD card, but I need to see if I can repair the file.

I've already tried opening in VLC (It freezes)

and converting in VLC (BSODs my computer by eating up resources)

I've tried VirtualDub with the MOV plugin (Says cannot parse)

And also a few other miscellaneous software packages (Any Video Converter, DAV Converter)

I HAVE had a breakthrough using Grau video repair (http://grauonline.de/cms2/) that makes me think the file is NOT lost forever. However, the audio clicks in and out every second. The video is fine (and unfortunately the audio is just as important in the case).

I do have VideoStudio, so even if I were to find a way to salvage just the audio, I could stitch it together with the working video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, would be happy to provide more info if needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users