Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU upgrade - Need some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PureBalance

PureBalance

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hey folks,

I have to admit to you that I'm not very savvy with upgrades and computer parts in  general, and that's why I'm reaching out for help.

I've been thinking of upgrading my gpu for quite some while now but I've always been putting it off due to other needs.

To give you a picture, my old machine has this setup atm:

GPU: Geforce GTX550 Ti

CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.00 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Chipset: Gigabyte Z77M-D3H

Currently the only games I'm playing are Hearthstone and Overwatch which are not that demanding.

However, I am planning on playing some next gen games such as "Rise of the Tomb Rider" and "For Honor".

My main concern is budget, performance and quality build

High graphics are not much of an issue. I can accept medium/low graphics as long as I have zero issues with performance.

Current budget is from 100$-230$

What would be a perfect match for me?

I've also been told by a friend that my GPU can support SLI which, from what I understood, will allow me to add another GPU on top of it(?). I'm not sure. Can I somehow take advantage of this feature?

Thank you all in advance! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Change GPU to something better and perhaps try to find better CPU too.

What PSU?

#3 KB0

KB0

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Before you go out and spend a fair amount of money, why not just buy Tomb Raider and see how it runs? I have played Tomb Raider on my lowly rig and it played just fine. Here's a benchmark comparison of your rig vs mine:

compare.jpg

I think you might be OK with what you have unless you plan to venture into high-end gaming soon. Good luck!

KBO

Edited by KB0, 11 August 2016 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users