Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MG2500 Printer Driver always fails to install every time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

According to the Canon website, all I need to do is plug my Canon Pixma MG2520 into a Windows 7 computer and let Windows install the driver, but nothing could be further from the truth. the MG2500 driver always says "Failed" with a red X. No details are given about the failure except "Failed" Canon website does not have a Windows 7 driver for this printer claiming it is plug and play. Google only shows spammy results for both just the driver search and "MG2500 driver install failed". All I saw was an old Microsoft Answers regarding a MG2100 as for legitimate website results, but even that had no reply and but there is nothing regarding the MG2500 driver or the Canon Pixma MG2520.

Any ideas on how to fix this so I can start printing?

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2016 - 05:54 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sasschary

sasschary

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hey, Sylveon Fetish!

I took a look at the Canon website for a driver and seem to have found one (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2520). Download and install it by going to the site and clicking "drivers and downloads". Then click "select" to choose the driver MG2500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP). Read and accept the disclaimer, then click Download. Install it, and see if that gets you anywhere!

ZC

Edited by sasschary, 10 August 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

Web-sites have been known to lie !

Download the 'Quick install' guide for this printer, it will be on the Canon web-site very near the link posted above, and follow it. Printers are well known for being fussy about the exact sequence you install them in. As I have said elsewwhere, this is one of the few areas where I always read the manual !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users