Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows slow to start working properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeremyn

Jeremyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Whenever I go to use my computer it takes a while to start working properly. I don't mean like to boot up, but for the first 5-10 mins or so it freezes and stutters. Once it starts its working fine. (It's not sleeping or hibernating while I'm not using it.. The screen turns off. That's all) Main use is Adobe Lightroom. The CPU isn't maxed out (hovers around 30 percent) and the RAM isn't either. Any ideas? 

I should add that there are no other programs open except Lightroom and maybe chrome. No scans in the background either. Windows 10

Thanks!!

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2016 - 04:41 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to W10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Uninstall third party installed antivirus and Firewall programs.

Open Command Prompt as a administrator by pressing  Win + X, and then press A letter key.

Run below command from Command Prompt that is open as administrator.

Sfc  /Scannow

You would use DISM to fix Windows component store corruption when a sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards. Execute below command to make sure corrupted system files repaired.

Sfc  /Scannow

Check the Event Viewer for any error or warning logs that may give you clue what is causing the issue.

Clean Boot
If the  error is caused by a current running process, restart your Windows system using the clean boot method will allow you to troubleshoot if a current service or process is causing the error to appear.
With a clean boot only the necessary services and process that are required to operate Windows are started when you boot your computer.
Follow these steps:
  • Start Windows
  • Open Run dialog box by pressing  7W6b39o.png   keys.
  • Type msconfig and press Enter key
  • Go to General tab > check Selective Startup option
  • Uncheck the Load startup items check box
  • Go to Services tab
  • Check Hide all Microsoft services check box from the bottom left corner of the window
  • Click Disable all
  • Click OK
  • Restart Windows
To reset these changes and start your Windows normally, follow the same steps:
  • Go to the General tab
  • Check the Normal Startup option
  • Click OK
  • Restart

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users