Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wi-fi ping spikes problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xNombre

xNombre

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with wi-fi connection on laptop Sony Vaio SWE151C11M with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG network card.

My router is TP-Link TL-WR1043ND set up with default setting.

The thing is when i ping 192.168.0.1 I'm getting spikes up to 400ms in let's say 5-10 requests, so quite often. Router is staying straight to computer.

I have updated card drivers, checked computer for viruses and it doesn't help. On ethernet cable problem doesn't exist (<1ms).

The strange thing is on ubuntu booted up from usb stick spikes are rarer but still exist and are lower, up to 50ms.

Do you have any idea? :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

What OS are you using? Seeing a ton of people having issues with Laptops which were originally 7 and upgraded to 10. Problem is Atheros makes the hardware but don't typically supply driver updates from their website. You have to hope the manufacture got updates from Atheros and post them. You can sometimes find them through 3rd party sites but I don't know which ones (if any) are legit enough for a safe download. Maybe someone else can comment to that.

I could not find any model SWE151C11M. Could you recheck what laptop you have? I can look for drivers once I know.

#3 xNombre

xNombre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

I forgot about system. It is Windows 7 64bit, original one form manufacturer. Driver was taken from Atheros official website.

Here you have photo of laptop sticker:

Attached Files

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

SVE1511H1EW is much better. Looks like Sony only has the initial release. No updates.. which is odd since the PC is 4 years old. So I guess that idea it out. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users