Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tab question for chrome

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Is there a way to place bookmark tabs below browser search bar? If yes, how plz? Also, is it possible for opened tabs to close when opening a set of new ones? Similar to openintabs-erase extension for FF.

thx

Edited by bruinator, 09 August 2016 - 06:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

For the bookmark bar, see instructions below or here for more info.

• In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu .
  • Select Bookmarks > Show Bookmarks Bar.

As for your second question, can you explain what you are trying to do? As I understand it, you are looking for a way to click on a link, have it open that link in a new tab and close the tab the original link was in? If so, why open it in a new tab? If the point is to view the link without having a new tab open, why not just view the link in the tab you already have open? Another words, just left click on it.

Edited by Trikein, 09 August 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Ok see the attached pic

238ndh.jpg

I would like to replace those tabs and open the ones that are in the folder "Baseball" as an example. Does this make sense now to you guys?

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Makes sense, but I have never heard of a way to do that. The closest I can find is right click on folder and "Open all in new Window" then hit "CTRL + ALT + W to close the current window and tabs.

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

Wait.. I just noticed something. Your OP subject says questions about Chrome, but your screenshot is Firefox. Was both questions for FF?

#6 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

Still looking for an extension that erases open tabs with newer ones for chrome. Is there one that accomplishes this yet?

#7 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Still looking for an extension that erases open tabs with newer ones for chrome. Is there one that accomplishes this yet?

#8 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

Wait.. I just noticed something. Your OP subject says questions about Chrome, but your screenshot is Firefox. Was both questions for FF?

Maybe OP was giving an example of what FF can do, and wanted Chrome to do similarly?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#9 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

Maybe OP was giving an example of what FF can do, and wanted Chrome to do similarly?

Exactly Roland. thx. So is there a way?

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

Dunno, you have to ask Google Chrome support.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#11 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,041 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

I don't know if the "Clear Tabs" extension by FlyteSoft for Chrome might work.  It should come close, even if it's an extra click before opening the next group of tabs.

I'm still trying to picture what you mean, because I never open groups of tabs at once in Firefox, other than at restart, and I've never wanted existing tabs closed when I open additional ones.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#12 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

I don't know if the "Clear Tabs" extension by FlyteSoft for Chrome might work.  It should come close, even if it's an extra click before opening the next group of tabs.

I'm still trying to picture what you mean, because I never open groups of tabs at once in Firefox, other than at restart, and I've never wanted existing tabs closed when I open additional ones.

nah, it didnt work.

#13 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

I just now remembered -- session manager just might be what you need, you have to experiment with the options and operations until you reach the best of all worlds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users