Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random internet spikes every minute or so

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drewdrew104

drewdrew104

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

Hey, I'm having these random internet lag spikes around every minute or so. It's only really noticeable when I'm playing games like counterstrike, hearthstone, or world of warcraft. It seems like my internet just cuts out for 5 seconds, freezes whatever game I'm playing, and then goes back to normal. I tried googling this but it seems like there's so many specific cases for different people it'd be hard to find one that'd work. What information would someone need to be able to diagnose this problem?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 10 August 2016 - 05:01 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drewdrew104

drewdrew104
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

Anyone?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

Run a speed test to see what you are speed is.  There are several available simply by Googling "speed test".  Your ISP probably has one.  If your speed isn't fast enough you could be running into buffering slowdowns.

Please download and install Farbar Service Scanner.  The download will begin immediately after clicking on the link.

When FSS opens you will see an image like the one below.  

FSS1_zpsed396cd9.png

Place checks in all of the boxes and then click on Scan

When the Scan is complete a log similar to the one below will open.  Copy and then paste this in your topic.

FSS2_zps8ffbee2d.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Try a tracert to Blizzard to see where the latency is occurring. See here for instructions.

Also, is the game actually "freezing"? Like you can't even exit or minimize the window(Windows Key + D)? If so, I would say it's more likly a GPU driver issue. If you have something streaming in background(pandora/youtube/etc) does it also lose internet when your game freezes? Are other computers on your network effected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users