Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

game crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 carnaged

carnaged

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:16 AM

i've been playing Neocron 2 and sometimes after i play for a long time my game crashes and when i get to the desktop, a message which the only words on it that i can remember right now are "low memory" and its in a box thats in a black box that takes up the upper lefthand side of my screen.  the option on it is cancel, but i think its also got an animation of a scrolling thing across the scene, something like that has to be there for it to be able to send an error report somewhere.  the person at microsoft said that it might be a virus when i talked to them.  i have to restart the computer before it seems to be fixed because when i go to load the game again it says that theres low memory.  at least one of the messages say that.  the other one might just have something about the crash.  i dunno, but can i get a clue? can it be fixed or is it a new virus that needs to be exterminated by a non-existant virus definition update?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikestephens

mikestephens

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

So the error is "low memory"? Maybe you ran out of ram? How much does your computer have and have you monitored the usage while running the game?

#3 carnaged

carnaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

my computer came with 4GB memory and in game it shows less than 2GB for my memory, so i dont know whats up with that.  i'd figure it should show the full 4GB being available and used in my game, but like i said, its less than 2GB.  i just happened to have hit a button while i was playing that showed the total memory and memory available at the bottom of the game screen

#4 mikestephens

mikestephens

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

Check your computer's settings and check to see if it shows 4gb. 

Overall, 4gb is not very much for running games + an OS and any other apps  you may be running. 

According to the site: http://www.neocron-game.com/client-download it looks like it has a minimum requirement of 1gb and a recommended of 4gb.

If your computer only shows 2 gb of ram, then you probably have some dead ram and 2gb isn't enough for an OS + a game.

#5 carnaged

carnaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

where do i look to find it at?

#6 mikestephens

mikestephens

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

If you open up your control panel there should be a system and security link, then go to "System" and your system specs (including ram) should be there.

#7 carnaged

carnaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:57 PM

yea, it says i got 4.00 gb.  i dont know what the deal is.  other people in game said they have that problem when they dual log, or in other words have two of the same program running to have 2 different accounts logged on at the same time, but maybe its something I should take up with the game's support team.

#8 mikestephens

mikestephens

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

You can try talking to their support, but I really think you just don't have enough ram to properly run the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users