Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popup System Doctor/winantispyware

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kayleigh

kayleigh

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

I keep getting all this pop ups like system doctor you need to download and winantispyware. I have a norton ad and popup blocker, and I have just added this two to the list but just now they both came through again. Also I did a full system scan in safe mode and also normal mode. both times it came up with nothing found.
It's driving me mad, can anyone help please

Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum. DT

Edited by D-Trojanator, 15 August 2006 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

Try this self-help tutorial:
How To Remove Systemdoctor 2006
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 kayleigh

kayleigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

Thankyou for advice, but i haven't downloaded this systemdoctor onto my computer. It was just the popup i wanted to get rid of, and the self help guide seems to be for if the system doctor is installed on your computer.

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Those popups indicate a Vundo infection.

Please read the selfhelp instructions which can be found here. Please use those instructions as a guide to removing Vundo from your computer. If you are not happy doing it by yourself and would like 1 to 1 help, or cannot remove the program using the self-help guide please reply and we can consider the options possible.

David

#5 kayleigh

kayleigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

I have tried the self help guide, and it came up with no infection found. So I am not sure now what to do

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

You are most likely infected with the newest Vundo which hides itself from the system.
The self-help guide cannot remove this variant yet I am afraid.

I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.
I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem. As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your HijackThis log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having.
Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system.

David

#7 kayleigh

kayleigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

ok Thanks for your help

#8 -David-

-David-