Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

control ipad for workers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bucko3030

Bucko3030

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

I have a wifi at my place that I control with open dns so that I know what sites are allowed and what is not. they 4 ipads I have are connected to it.  Now is there a way or software to stop the ipads from connecting to another wifi. like if one of the workers bring the ipad home they can't connect to there home wifi? I just want them for work only

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

Not possible as far as i now , any available wifi signal with known passphrase will be accepted.

Otherwise leave them at work - and safe .

Although any wifi within the work site other than yours would still be an access point either free wifi or password known. 

Unless certain Websites are blocked within the Browser to restrict them or they dont have full access rights , im not familar with Ipads / Apple but someone will add further with their knowledge and confirm further advice.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

You also posted this previously here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621314/want-ipad-only-to-connect-to-1-wifi-no-others/
It appears that topic is about the same thing as this one. Am I correct or not?

#4 Bucko3030

Bucko3030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

yes sorry I thought I was on a different website you can close this one thanks

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

This topic is closed. All discussion of the issue(s) will take place in the other topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users