Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anniversary Update Schedule

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Still waiting. Anyone know the latest MS schedule? I guess their servers are pretty backed-up. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Yes you can upgrade to the latest build, by using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant:

Upgrading to latest Windows 10 build

We will try to get you upgraded to the latest build using the Windows 10 update tool:

Note: Although the chances of data loss are slim, it is advisable to back up your data

First of all, disable your antivirus

Go to this page: Windows 10

Click on Upgrade Now

Run the tool, and follow the on-screen instructions

Let us know if there are any errors/problems when installing this

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

Yes you can upgrade to the latest build, by using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant:

Upgrading to latest Windows 10 build
We will try to get you upgraded to the latest build using the Windows 10 update tool:
Note: Although the chances of data loss are slim, it is advisable to back up your data

First of all, disable your antivirus

Go to this page: Windows 10
Click on Upgrade Now
Run the tool, and follow the on-screen instructions
Let us know if there are any errors/problems when installing this

-CKing

Thanks, but when will it happen automatically?

Edited by Artbuc, 09 August 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#4 jakobsen

jakobsen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:32 AM

I think nobody knows except Microsoft. you can only make Windows 10 notify you before downloading Updates.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:11 AM

Open up Windows Update

Click on the Learn More link

Download the installer for the Anniversary Update.

Double click to start it - it's gonna take a while, so sit back and wait for it to finish.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

Open up Windows Update
Click on the Learn More link
Download the installer for the Anniversary Update.
Double click to start it - it's gonna take a while, so sit back and wait for it to finish.

Thanks, but my question remains. Will the anniversary updates eventually be installed automatically?

#7 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Yes it will. It is being rolled out gradually. Further, if you have Windows 10 Pro or above, you can checkmark the Defer updates, which gives you up to 4 months to use the current build before upgrading in case you want to wait for the bugs to be taken care off.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#8 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

According to MVP Andre da Costa Microsoft is rolling out first to the newest computers with the new TPM and UEFI.  When they are happy with the results of that, they will start with older PCs.  I don't know how new a PC has to be to have the TPM feature, but one of the laptops I just upgraded was 2 months old and I saw no indication of it having it.  As of 8/6 it hadn't gotten the automatic install.  I had no problem upgrading my 8 month old Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop or my friend's Asus laptop manually though.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#9 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

Thanks! I do not have Pro and my PC is older than the pyramids. Think I will just chill and wait for MS.

Edited by Artbuc, 09 August 2016 - 01:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users