Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2012 R2 authentication question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ellittle678

ellittle678

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

I'm having an issue with how connections are handled on our server.

Whenever I connect to the server from my pc, I can go to network > servername, then I can see the folder being shared out before logging in. This is a problem because I want to set it to ask for credentials every time someone attempts to connect to it, even if they've connected to it in the past.

If I connect to the server for the first time on another pc, it will prompt for credentials whenever I connect. I was told this may be happening due to single sign on being enabled. That makes sense, but I'm not sure where to change this. 

Does anyone have more info regarding settings that handle authentication for connecting to the server? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users