Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log off Automatically

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dman116

dman116

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hi, I'm not exactly a tech wizard, and I have a dilemma.  At my job we have a desktop.  I was doing an assignment and bumped the power strip by accident.  To make a long story short, whenever I enter the login to the account it says signing in and than signing out.  I then am sent back to the home screen and try to login again.  Before we were having issues with it being logged into a temporary profile, but I don't know if that's relevant.  I have no idea what I did, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dman116, 08 August 2016 - 01:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

After you log on to a Windows OS based system, you may notice that a temporary profile has been loaded instead of the profile that corresponds to the current user. Therefore, any changes that you make to the current desktop are lost after you log off the system. Additionally, the notification area may display the following error message:

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile.

Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator.

Follow the instructions at below website link these instructions also apply to Windows 10.

How to Fix "You've been signed in with a temporary profile" Error in Windows 8 and 8.1

Posted Image

#3 dman116

dman116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

After you log on to a Windows OS based system, you may notice that a temporary profile has been loaded instead of the profile that corresponds to the current user. Therefore, any changes that you make to the current desktop are lost after you log off the system. Additionally, the notification area may display the following error message:

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile.

Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator.

Follow the instructions at below website link these instructions also apply to Windows 10.

How to Fix "You've been signed in with a temporary profile" Error in Windows 8 and 8.1

Thank You, tried resetting the account from our admin's computer.  Worked well, didn't lose any files--I religiously back up my hard drive on an 1 TB jump drive.  Thank you for the help again.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

You are very welcome!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users