Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card upgrad consultation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Hello, I want to upgrade my graphics card and I want some support which graphics card will do the best without getting bottlenecked by the CPU, I'm planning to get the GTX 750 TI.

Here are my full specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz

GPU: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (NVIDIA)

RAM:‎ 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

HDD: 232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

MotherBoard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775)

PSU: ZM450-GS Siwtching power supply ZALMAN (Had to open the case and read ;-;)

CASE:not sure, with measuring I got 40cm width (inside) 40+/-2.5 Height(outside) (inside should be -2.5cm)

Thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

as far as I know CPU's don't bottleneck any gpu's anymore

#3 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

as far as I know CPU's don't bottleneck any gpu's anymore

WHAT?

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

GTX750Ti is previous generation Nvidia card and so driver support will be quite bad. So AMD cards like RX 460 are cleary better choice.

#5 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

GTX750Ti is previous generation Nvidia card and so driver support will be quite bad. So AMD cards like RX 460 are cleary better choice.

And my gpu won't stuck on 50% because of my cpu? currently i'm having GT 630 and my CPU is max 50% while gpu is always at 99%

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

And my gpu won't stuck on 50% because of my cpu? currently i'm having GT 630 and my CPU is max 50% while gpu is always at 99%

It basically tells that CPU has two cores available (from 4) and GPU is maxed out. RX 460 is OK for that CPU.

#7 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

It basically tells that CPU has two cores available (from 4) and GPU is maxed out. RX 460 is OK for that CPU.

I'm saying that becase I know my GPU is bottlenecking, but I'm scared that the new GPU will then stuck on 50% and CPU on 99% and i'll have about 28 fps on low-med 720P. I really want to start playing games on 1080p, on medium-low. for example battlefield 4. now I'm worried that the GPU will be too powerful and then I'll simply waste money.

and also, last time I played arma (stuck on min quality with 20 fps average) but my CPU was maxed on 50% and GPU was stuck on 99% even with the minimum possible quality, but I heard a lot arma3 is CPU dependent game

#8 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

according to intels website your CPU has reached end of life status so if your truly looking to be able to successfully play 1080p games like arma 3 id say its time to upgrade the cpu not necessarily the GPU

#9 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

according to intels website your CPU has reached end of life status so if your truly looking to be able to successfully play 1080p games like arma 3 id say its time to upgrade the cpu not necessarily the GPU

Getting a new CPU requires me to get a new motherboard, and then new ram, and anyway I will need a new GPU.. so basically I need a new computer..

end of life status means they just stoped manufacturing it.. (at least what it sounds likes)

PS: Will I be able to play bf4 on 1080p? even on low/med quality 30+fps

PPS: Also I said that my CPU on arma havn't ever got past the 50% because of my GPU, maybe there is a chance to play it on fine resolution (maybe not 1080p) on low-med quality atleast 30 fps?

#10 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

I'm saying that becase I know my GPU is bottlenecking, but I'm scared that the new GPU will then stuck on 50% and CPU on 99% and i'll have about 28 fps on low-med 720P. I really want to start playing games on 1080p, on medium-low. for example battlefield 4. now I'm worried that the GPU will be too powerful and then I'll simply waste money.
and also, last time I played arma (stuck on min quality with 20 fps average) but my CPU was maxed on 50% and GPU was stuck on 99% even with the minimum possible quality, but I heard a lot arma3 is CPU dependent game

It all depends on games you play but generally RX 460 is good pair for your CPU, at least it's not too powerful.

All Arma games are technically very poor. You just have to accept that fact if you want to play them.

Getting a new CPU requires me to get a new motherboard, and then new ram, and anyway I will need a new GPU.. so basically I need a new computer..
end of life status means they just stoped manufacturing it.. (at least what it sounds likes)
PS: Will I be able to play bf4 on 1080p? even on low/med quality 30+fps
PPS: Also I said that my CPU on arma havn't ever got past the 50% because of my GPU, maybe there is a chance to play it on fine resolution (maybe not 1080p) on low-med quality atleast 30 fps?

Q8300 manufacturing stopped many years ago, that's what EOL means.

PS: You should.

PPS: As said, Arma games are technically poor. No sure how good you can play that crap.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 08 August 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#11 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

It all depends on games you play but generally RX 460 is good pair for your CPU, at least it's not too powerful.

All Arma games are technically very poor. You just have to accept that fact if you want to play them.

Thanks for the help. I think I've made a choice, thanks  drillingmachine and thedripledeuce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users