Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Burner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 becky1963

becky1963

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

I bought a DVD BURNER and i have the nero software and other software that goes with it. I was wanting to know what type DVD disk i should buy to download movies and to watch them on the dvd player that is attached to the tv?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hi becky1963

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Can I ask you what type of movies your are trying to record?

Thanks,

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

Hi becky1963

A brand new DVD burner should support all formats i.e. DVD-R(RW) or DVD+R(RW). DVD5(Single layer 4.7GB) and DVD9(dual layer 8.5GB)
The thing to check is what format the DVD PLAYER by the TV supports. If it is a newer one, it should support everything, but if older it may be limited. Check the booklet that came with the player. If you don't have this, you can Google the make and model and usually get the info from the manufacturer.
When you download a movie it will usually be encoded or compressed eg. .avi. Your Nero software will decode or expand this before burning to your DVD. A downloaded file of say 700MB will expand out to maybe 4.3GB so you will need plenty of available space on your harddrive.
There is no guarantee that a burned DVD will play without glitches so, experiment and have fun but, if you really want a particular movie, I have found that it is best to just go out and buy it.
It goes without saying that we cannot help you to break the copyright laws and the excuse that 'everyone's doing it' won't impress the men wearing dark suits and a grim smile when they are standing at your door.
I'm not trying to scare you, just be aware.

Cheers

Edited by rowal5555, 15 August 2006 - 11:51 PM.

#4 becky1963

becky1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

Which one of the disk have the play back feature on them so you can play them on your dvd player. Is it the DVDtRW OR Iis it the DVD-RW ONES? I have the nero software do i have to download something else to have the play back feature for the dvd players?

Edited by becky1963, 16 August 2006 - 02:05 PM.

#5 becky1963

becky1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

[quote name='rigel' date='Aug 15 2006, 07:06 PM' post='340476']
Hi becky1963

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Can I ask you what type of movies your are trying to record?

Thanks,

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator
[/quotE
Im trying to burn movies from the internet

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

They will all playback, Becky. It depends on your DVD player what it will play. If you give me the make and model, I may be able to find out for you.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users