Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Edge doesn't open jpg & pdf links in a separate window

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PRocque225

PRocque225

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

I've been using Edge for awhile now (on Windows 10), and noticed that when I click a hyperlink that links to a .jpg format, Edge opens a blank tab, instead of opening the tab the picture embedded. It then immediately closes the new tab.

For example, on this site: http://www.paslc.org/RECard/#/propCard/58166

Left clicking on the photo results in an empty new tab that closes immediately; right clicking on the photo and "open in new tab" does the same but tries to download the picture to my computer. In previous versions of Internet Explorer clicking on those links would simply open a tab (or a new window) with a preview of the picture.

Does anyone know if this is even a feature in MS Edge, and if so how can I enable it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users