Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Monitors for PS4 gaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sallytech0103

sallytech0103

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:01 AM

I am addicted for gaming. I bought a new play station 4 from amazon. Can any one tell which is the best monitor for ps4? I found this amazing infographic for ps4 gaming.

201b1d8ec7afff7d47f98d96afda1dc6.jpg

Edited by sallytech0103, 08 August 2016 - 06:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theacerguy

theacerguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

It may seem a bit complicated to choose a decent monitor for console gaming. You should definitely go for an IPS panel monitor, at least 24" size and several input options for other devices. This a post about choosing monitors for PS4 or Xbox One and you may see some recommended products. Of course your budget is a really important thing but try to choose a bit large monitor for gaming.

#3 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

I'm interested in PS4 gaming as well, and I have heard that the BenQ Zowie is amazing... Also I heard about the ASUS VG27* line is nice.

I would say the most probable kind that will bring the best experience is something 27"+, but going under 24" makes for a tougher experience, especially with the amazing graphical gameplay from the PS4.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

IPS monitors have very good visual quality and brightness. They suffer greatly when it comes to performance. They just can't keep up with video cards causing "ghosting" in the image.

TN monitors are much better in terms of performance. They can reliably perform at 0-5 ms. However, their visual quality lacks compared with IPS.

Depending on how much you game and how important is will determine the quality of monitor you get. The BenQ gaming monitors are excellent, but costly, and not the best monitor for doing graphics/video work since they are all TN.

IPS monitors can be fine for games, but don't expect to push them very hard. My Dell U2414H is an IPS monitor and it runs surprisingly well for one. I have not noticed any ghosting, but I just don't play games like I used to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users