Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome sending data over 239.255.255.250

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HairyApricot

HairyApricot

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

I was checking my network activity from Resource Monitor and noticed chrome sending data to 239.255.255.250. Looked it up and it seems to be an address associated with Plug & Play devices. What I would like to know find out, is if this is normal. I can't remember if it did it before, but do I need this? What is it actually trying to do? Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

lots of info available if you use google

here is one such piece

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r7781197-who-is-239-255-255-250-why-do-they-want-access

#3 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

I did a google. I got several entries like that one, about svchost. However none about google making the connections. I assume its to the plug and play service. Would it have something to do with my PC having only came out of sleep mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users