Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer typing on its own 4e

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imsantastic

imsantastic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

I'm on windows 10 desktop. my computer suddenly started typing in 4e- repeatedly. when I restart, i can barely enter mt password because, the computer starts typing the 4e- repeatedly again.

How do  get rid of this. I am running McAfee anti-virus and it says that I am not infected. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

It's possible you have a keyboard problem... Do you have an alternative keyboard you could try?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 imsantastic

imsantastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

I don-4e't think this is it, because it happens even when I am not touching the keyboard.

#4 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:07 AM

various things can cause the keyboard to send faulty input to your PC - moisture getting inside the keyboard can short electrical contacts, making it seem like you are hitting those keys even when you aren't and keys also get stuck sometimes.

You should borrow a keyboard from someone and just try it out, and see if problem disappears.

#5 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

Please try even if you don't think it's the keyboard. A faulty controller, moisture, or just a bad board can start to show these issues. You don't have to be touching the KB for it to send.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users