Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard sound not recognizing speakers/headphones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Qphase

Qphase

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hello everyone!

I recently found out that my dedicated sound card (xfi xtreme gamer) was being faulty so I had to remove it. Now I'm trying to
enable the onboard sound again which I had disabled before because they were interfering. My mobo is the ASUS P7P55D which uses
the VIA Audio drivers. I have installed them and afterwards I installed the VIA AUDIO HD Deck which displays all the ports/options.
The problem is that whenever I try to plugin my speakers or headphones, they do not get detected by the system as being plugged in.
The only port that works on the front and back panel is the mic jack. This one does get recognized. My headphone/speakers are fine,
tested them on another device. Also when I open up the sound panel, I can see the audio playing with the green spikes so to say.
Does anyone have any clue on what might be my problem?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Specs:
mobo: Asus P7P55D
cpu: i5-750
gpu: gtx 660ti
ram: 8GB

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 August 2016 - 09:07 AM.
Moved from Audio/Video to Internal hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:13 AM

Did you install the drivers from the disc that came with the motherboard or from the Asus website? If the former, then you might want try the drivers from the website in case they are newer.

Did you uninstall the drivers for the old sound card? You only mentioned you disabled it, which may not necessary mean the drivers where uninstalled depending on what you specifically did.

If you go the Device Manager, are there any yellow question marks next to any of the items under the Sound section?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users