Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop battery will not charge.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 everseeking

everseeking

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

Having recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Lenovo G700 laptop, I am now finding that the battery will not charge. Error messages seem to suggest that the battery is not a genuine Lenovo product, which is not true, because the battery was supplied new with the laptop.

Looking for a solution, there appears to be a number of possibilities, because it would seem that other people are now having similar problems since the upgrade to Windows 10. I have attempted a couple of possibilities, but without success.Similar to others who have attempted to correct the problem.

Does anyone have any further suggestions, that I might try?.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

I have attempted a couple of possibilities

what steps have you tried?

have you tried to uninstall the battery via device manager?

#3 everseeking

everseeking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

Suggestions being offered on the internet, was one of removing the battery, then reinstalling, after unticking various boxes, within the Windows 10 programme. This method seems to work with some laptops and tablets, but not all. My particular Lenovo laptop is one of those, that the possible solution does't work. Hence the question for further advice, around the problem.

The problem appears to be, that the battery is not registering as a 'genuine product', and this seems to prevent recharging via the Windows 10. Using a mains power adapter, then the laptop works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users