Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenova Laptop white screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobbywat61

bobbywat61

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hi folks. I took a Lenova Ultra book from a customer today who told me that their screen had gone white. I just got done taking the hood apart and didnt see any obvious damage to the cabling or anything. I unplugged the screen from the PC and plugged it back in, put everything back together and still the white screen. The laptop is accessible through an HDMI cable and a tv/monitor. So it has to be the LCD right?? or is there a software explanation for this issue. If anyone has ran into this before I would be happy for some input. The laptop is running Windows 8. Thanks

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

does even the faintest outline of anything show up on the screen when turned on? try see it in a dark as possible room, if nothing shows up at all and works via hdmi it is more than likely the display itself, worst case back up files format and see if it still happens

does it boot fine? or is the screen white when booting? if white when booting its not software

#3 bobbywat61

bobbywat61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the reply TripleDeuce. No, its white from the moment the power is turned on. I'm almost positive its a monitor issue. Just curious if someone else had seen this happen, maybe with a display driver update or something. But the fact that its white from the moment the power is on, but works completely normal via HDMI tells me display. Thanks again for the response.

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

yeah id definitely say its the display itself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users