Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 free down load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

ok i got the free windows 10 down load awhile back and lately my computer has been starting with a black screen and some times it just pops up with a blue screen and says it need to recover.i am wondering if i can go back to my windows 7 i have a hp notebook pc . can some one help me please.thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

You have 31 day after upgrading to Windows 10 to revert back to the original operating system.  Has is been longer than this?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 busygal

busygal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Yes months ago i think.dont know for sure

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

windows.old files will have been deleted automatically

That leaves with the prospect of repairing win 10....This can be achieved in a number of ways...open a fresh topic in the BSOD area of BC.....or...a Reset is an easy alternative...but there are a few drawbacks...read on..

from your initial post......"and says it need to recover"".....

So.......Read Carefully

((http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html))

Reset your PC

Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started and choose an option.

Note

If you can't open Settings, you can get to reset by restarting your PC from the sign-in screen. Press the Windows logo key Windows logo key  +L to get to the sign-in screen, then hold the Shift key down while you select Power  > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.

If you can't get to the sign-in screen, use a recovery drive or installation media to reset your PC.

Option What it does Keep my files

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
  • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
  • Removes changes you made to settings.
  • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Remove everything

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and removes all your personal files.
  • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

If you're planning to donate, recycle, or sell your PC, use this option and choose to fully clean the drive. This might take an hour or two, but it makes it harder for other people to recover files you've removed.

Restore factory settings

• Reinstalls the version of Windows that your PC came with (either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files.
  • Reinstalls any apps your PC manufacturer installed on your PC.

This option isn't available on all PCs.

Note

If you reset your PC within a month of your upgrade to Windows 10, or 10 days after updating to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the option in Settings that lets you go back to your previous version of Windows will no longer be available.

Edited by Condobloke, 07 August 2016 - 06:33 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 jakobsen

jakobsen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:54 AM

I have after installing Windows 10, from when it came out, the laptop started to slow down and hang. I wrote in support of Microsoft and they said that need to check and make update. I did just that. computer has been updated and for a time worked  good. then after a couple of weeks or a month it started again. everything slowed down and crashed especially when there are open many different files, browsers, programs. I really got tired and reinstalled Windows 7, because the period of 30 days has expired when you could just go back to the old system. and I was working with Windows 7 about half a year. this icon with an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 all the time jumped out and followed me everywhere) and they seduced me and I decided to try again to upgrade from 7 to Windows 10 in the hope that they have all been fixed and is working fine. and here I was already 4-5 months work with Windows 10 and everything is OK. works fine, fast and convenient. I faked it as I like. all the updates are fine. I'm not complaining. maybe you will be so too. get back to 7. then if you want you can again upgrade to 10. maybe everything will be fine. good luck!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users