It's my first time here in the forums, nice to meet you all!
Now, the problems: As in the title, everytime I play games that use the Nvidia card, sometimes (kinda rarely) it freezes the computer, and I have to do a cold reboot to use the computer again.
Another possible way is while the game is open, if you try to watch a video on youtube (in firefox, that doesn't use the dedicated graphics) or if the UAC pops up, it sometimes causes an BSOD (I don't remember the error message, sorry).
I already tried to:
- Reinstall the drivers from Nvidia
- Update the integrated graphics driver, but I can't (the error was that I have to use the manufacturer drivers, but they didn't updated the drivers for months).
I will upload both files that was asked in the pinned topic.
Info about this computer:
- OS: Windows 10 Education 64-bits (updated, with the Anniversary Update)
- Original OS installed: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bits
- I removed the OS that came installed and installed Windows 10 Education
- Age of the hardware: 2 years
- CPU: Intel core i5 4200U
- Video Card: Nvidia gt 740m - 2GB
- System Manufacturer: Dell
- Laptop model: Vostro 5470
I will run the other tests and post the results by editing this post (if possible).
Thank you for helping me.
PS: The problem was happening even before the Anniversary Update, I also checked with sfc /scannow for any problems, but it was all good.
EDIT: I started the driver verifier, but after restarting, WIndows looks normal (maybe a bit slower?). What should I do? Just leave it like that or try playing a game that uses the graphics card?
Edited by Nori-chan, 07 August 2016 - 12:10 PM.