Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot install Windows 7 on Lenovo B570 "The wrong volume is in the drive" 57%

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

I was trying to install Windows 7 ultimate on a Lenovo b570 that had Windows 7 Home Premium, I Gparted the drive to all unallocated, and started the W7 install, at 57%, it hangs for three hours, I take the disc out, notice fingerprints, used a CD cleaner, and cleaned it, I put the CD back in, waited for it to spin up, before hitting "try again" with the "No disc in the drive message" after hitting "try again", instead of it continuing like normal, it kept saying "The wrong volume is in the drive" despite putting the SAME disc in. No matter how many time I try to click, "try again", I get the same "The wrong volume is in the drive" message. If I hit "continue" I get a "Windows was unable to complete the installation" the computer restarts, but now I get a "Bootmgr is missing" Won't even boot to CD, not even Gparted again!

Any ideas on a fix on these various problems with installation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:36 PM

Hi. Is booting from a USB flash drive an option? It would be a lot more reliable, faster and one could even inject all current updates to the install wim file (a little over 7GB to date).

Just create the bootable drive

Extract the image to the root of the drive

Boot from drive and install

If all USB ports are 3.0 or better... one may have to configure BIOS to enable legacy and use a USB 2.0 drive as there may arise a driver issue when trying to install. One may pybass these errors by also including the secure boot option to Windows 7 installer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users