Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to find driver for old AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerBlitzd

ComputerBlitzd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

I've just updated to Win 10 and as a result lost the diver that went along with this old graphics card. I also misplaced the driver disc for it and was wondering if anyone could manage to locate one for me and if this old card would even be still compatible in using a driver designed for it with Win 10? Currently I have huge stuttering frame rate issues with even the most simple of games on low graphics setting with this so a driver is desperately needed. 

Thanks for helping guys :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

Go here and download the AMD detection utility. It will scan your OS and graphics chip for the appropriate driver. I have used it and it does work.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

#3 ComputerBlitzd

ComputerBlitzd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

RIght I just actually tried doing that before you replied and it said a driver wasn't found for my current system. Does this mean there are no drivers they make for such an outdated graphics card compatible with teh Win 10? I really regret installing windows 10 now. It cant seem to be done without also upgrading hardware and I dont have the money to do that right now... Any other ideas? 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

According to your post you have an A8-3800. According to CPU World it has a HD6550D graphics chipset. 

The only thing I found for that chipset was here. I can't guarantee this will work. It may make things worse.

Can you confirm what chipset you are using by looking in Device Manager under Display Adapter?

Edit: You have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 or 8. What is the make and model of the computer?

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 August 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#5 ComputerBlitzd

ComputerBlitzd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:48 PM

Its an HP Pavillion originally with Win 7 bought about 2011/2012. Its kind of old and outdated so switching back to Win 7 should be a viable option as its not like it needs or seems to be able to run the newest software anyways...

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Its an HP Pavillion originally with Win 7 bought about 2011/2012. Its kind of old and outdated so switching back to Win 7 should be a viable option as its not like it needs or seems to be able to run the newest software anyways...

I agree, stick with Windows 7. It still will be updated until 2020. The Windows.old folder needs to be present if reverting to 7.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users