Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless mouse reduce FPS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 screamgfx

screamgfx

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hello

Earlier, I had a problem with gaming FPS while Huion graphic tablet driver installed on my system

you can read the full (unsolved) problem here 

Just installing the driver without even connecting the tablet to my laptop is enough to reduce some games FPS from any high to about 10-15 FPS ( i like to use Blur as an indicator because the intro is enough to see if it runs fine or not )

I thought it's a problem with graphics card or something because i couldn't find any similar problem at all on all websites and forums. So i gave up finally after months of searching with no result and considered my situation is a conflict between driver and some component in my laptop with no idea what's wrong.

Couple days ago, I bought a new wireless mouse and were using it for simple usage but not gaming... only today i opened Blur again to Find the same FPS drop !! after hours of confusion and uninstalling and reinstalling AMD drivers, uninstalling latest apps installed. I just had to see what have i changed to this laptop and undo these changes till i ran out of them. I simply removed the mouse USB from laptop and everything got back running very fine !

I ran blur again and trying quickly in the intro ... 10-15 FPS. If i just remove the mouse USB from laptop it jumps to 60-70 FPS.. plugging back mouse USB in results in 10-15 FPS . even if i turned off the mouse and kept the USB plugged in, i suffer the FPS drop.

I don't have the knowledge to determine what's wrong but connecting the 2 situations i had this FPS drop, both are devices that control the cursor and both have a kind of high precision  much more than the old wired mouse i used to work with.

I just hope the new mouse problem gets solved and solves the one with graphic tablet too.

one more thing.. AMD driver that is provided by HP never game me errors after installation. but only after this problem appeared it gives me a warning after finishing installation and provides a log file which is attached to this post. i'm not sure it's related to this problem but i'm not the one to say that due to lack of knowledge. Apps and games run fine anyway ( plugging out the mouse USB of course).

Instead of sorting my laptop specs and risk providing wrong details... Here's the product model page on HP's website...

Edit : I'm using WIndows 10 Home 64bit

If any more information is needed just ask for it.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Edited by screamgfx, 06 August 2016 - 06:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users