Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 won't install.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dustinj33

Dustinj33

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hello.

I have a computer that i'm wanting to install windows 10 professional on.  I have nothing but a keyboard / mouse and the CD drive hooked up to my PC, with the windows 10 pro disk inside.  It will ask me to press any key to boot from the CD.  Now it goes to the purple screen where it has the windows logo.  Takes about 30 seconds and you see the dots that go in a circle. It makes one to two full rotations then pauses, restarts my PC and does this again.  

I decided to put the windows 10 installer on a flash drive and try it that way. It does the same exact thing. It will not go farther than the dots in the circle. Just resets my pc every single time with not error messages. 

Any idea?

It's a Z77 sabertooth asus mother board. 3770k cpu , 7970 radeon 8 gigs of gskill 1866 mhz ram.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,618 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

It's possible your media is bad. Download Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool. Use the iso file option. Download Rufus. Select GPT partition scheme. Leave all boxes as checked. Where you see FreeDos in the dropdown box select iso image, click the icon, and browse to the Windows 10 iso file.

#3 Dustinj33

Dustinj33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

I've used a Windows 10 cd. A windows 10 Pro cd and then i used the microsoft windows 10 to a storage device to try to install also? All three do the same thing.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,618 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

Could be a hardware problem. Do you get the same result with only one stick of RAM?

Is this a new build or did the computer have a previous OS that booted correctly?

#5 Dustinj33

Dustinj33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

This was my old gaming computer.  It used to have windows 8.1 pro on it.  I'm using a SSD that is clean.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,618 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Is the SSD detected in UEFI? Setting UEFI back to default may help. If your UEFI setting has something called QuickBoot or Fastboot I would disable it. 

Have you tried installing with a Windows 8.1 disk? Does it have the same problem?

If you need a Windows 8.1 install disk you can create it using the Media Creation Tool. You will need IE to reach the site.

Is the SSD detected in UEFI? 

Download UBCD. Create a bootable disk or USB flash drive. Does the computer reboot or do you get the Menu Screen of UBCD? If UBCD also fails then this is a hardware issue that would be hard to diagnose. I would start by using only one stick of RAM then switch slots if you get the same problem. Switch sticks and slots if the fist stick doesn't resolve the problem.

In order for UBCD to boot you may need to disable UEFI and enable Legacy or CSM boot. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users