Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Outlook 2016 function to delete email in batches.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 McGyver_

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

When I installed Outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 PC, it automatically downloaded all of my mail history from Google mail.  Now I want to delete some of those emails in batches.  I would like to do a search for a keyword in the spam, such as "sweepstakes" and then click a "Delete All" button, or something like that.  How do I do that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:41 AM

Best that I can suggest is do the search. In the result search window, if you want to delete them all, then single left-click on the first item in the list to highlight it, then scroll to the bottom of the list, and then single left-click on the last item while holding down the Shift key. This should now result in highlighting all emails in the list. Then hit the delete key or the trash icon (if there is one...I would assume there is, but I am not using Outlook 2016 at the moment and don't even have a Windows computer running an older version of Outlook fired up right now...using a Mac at the moment).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users