Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Win 10 Anniversary Update Glitches & Fixes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Torvald

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hi, I've just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on two family desktop computers, so wanted to report the glitches we encountered, and how we fixed them.

On my desktop, the classic shell program got completely borked, but I was able to fix that by uninstalling it and then installing a new compatible version v4.3.0 available from http://www.classicshell.net

On my wife's desktop, classic shell also got borked, but I was able to fix it as described above.  However, in addition, Zemana Antimalware free got deleted from her desktop somehow.  I was able to reinstall it, though, and it worked fine after that. 

Finally, we had something called Win 7 Games for Windows 10 installed, so she could play the old, original versions of Freecell, etc.  That program also got completely messed up.  I was able to fix it by uninstalling the program, manually deleting all of the game entries in the start / programs menu, and then installing the latest updated, compatible version from http://winaero.com

Best wishes to all.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

Thank you for reporting the issues and how you have resolve them, i'm sure these information's you have provided will be helpful to someone!

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users