Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 serial work on 7 ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XDavidT

XDavidT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi, i have laptop that i bouthg few years ago.. (Dell)
i got the laptop with win 8, and after few months upgrade to win 10..
after using "product key finder" i found my key and now i know the key..
but if i'll try to install win 7 is the serial will work ? with the oem ?
or i'll need to re-install win 10 ?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 August 2016 - 02:00 PM.
moved from BSOD to Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

You can install Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (same Edition you have before) and simply skip the windows key prompt both Windows will auto activate when they gain access to the Internet.

To install Windows 7 you have to contact Dell or Microsoft about the Downgrade rights, I don't think the key you found will work.

With some machines the manufactures gives the option to have Windows 7 or Windows 8, in some cases they provide the install disk others only a download link, if this is you case then you can instal Windows 7 without needing a key by using the provided install disk.

Edited by SleepyDude, 06 August 2016 - 11:16 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 XDavidT

XDavidT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

With some machines the manufactures gives the option to have Windows 7 or Windows 8, in some cases they provide the install disk others only a download link, if this is you case then you can instal Windows 7 without needing a key by using the provided install disk.

Hi, thx for the fast reply...

i didn't got anything except the laptop in the box ( just the charger )

but, as i reat at microsoft,win10 can make a bootable install file, the can save the serial inside and re-install, so i think that is the best way to re-install my laptop..

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

but, as i reat at microsoft,win10 can make a bootable install file, the can save the serial inside and re-install, so i think that is the best way to re-install my laptop..

When you upgrade to Windows 10 the "digital entitlement" was record on the Microsoft servers for your machine, the next time you reinstall Windows 10 it will match the machine with the information on the Microsoft servers and auto activate without needing a key.

Edit: You can download Windows 10 from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Edited by SleepyDude, 06 August 2016 - 12:24 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users