Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't write anything in cortana after Windows anniversary update.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny5478

Johnny5478

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

Hi guys, so two days ago I got a new Windows build update (1607) and since then I can't write anything in cortana with my keyboard (only these symbols " ^,+-/@|~µ  " can be written), but with virtual keyboard it works perfectly. Can someone help me solve this problem ?

Thanks

Edited by Johnny5478, 06 August 2016 - 02:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Same problem.Had unamed online tech support disable Cortana  thinking it would help it did not.Removed Zemana free antilogger thinking it was the cause it did not help.The problem comes and goes it will work for a while then it does not.For now I will give microsoft the benefit of the doubt,there also could something we do not know yet.Does anyone at bleeping have any hair left?

#3 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

System is running fine now.The tech support I used applied the registry hack from how to geeks website.Cortana can be enabled again with the same hack.I thought those guys new something I did not.

#4 Johnny5478

Johnny5478
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:01 AM

System is running fine now.The tech support I used applied the registry hack from how to geeks website.Cortana can be enabled again with the same hack.I thought those guys new something I did not.

Hi,
I'm glad to know that your system back normal again. But unfortunately it doesn't work for me. 

Temporary Fix from Microsoft forum :
* Make a new user account in your system

Edited by Johnny5478, 09 August 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#5 Johnny5478

Johnny5478
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

So finally I found out what causing the problem. It's my Keyscramble. After I updated it to the latest version, everything back to normal now.
Conclusion : update your keyboard encryption software, if you have.  :thumbup2:

#6 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Good stuff.I installed SpyShelter instead of Zemana for now because the free version is not being supported.If I did not have Malwarebytes installed I would definitely go for the package deal.There customer support is way above par.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users