Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

four-button mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:50 AM

I could not find a four-button mouse when shopping at a couple of stores for a new mouse.  There were a few wired usb connected mouses and many wireless mouses.  Nearly all of these had either two buttons and a middle wheel, or three buttons and a middle wheel.  NONE of them had four buttons.  I really wanted to find one of those four button mouses, with the left SIDE button to make a browser go BACK and the right SIDE button to make the browser go FORWARD.  Are these kind of mouses now obsolete?  What do we call these kinds of mouses?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,001 posts
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

#3 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

http://officedepot.com/a/products/630484/Microsoft-4500-Mouse/ (wired) Buttons on each side

Wireless, although it does not have a button on each side it does have 2 buttons on the LEFT side which are programmable. By default the top one is set up for Forward and the bottom one is Back. This is the one I have; in fact I am on my 3rd one. (lucky me every time I have needed a new one it has been on sale for $20)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 August 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#4 smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

Here is a listing of mice with 4 buttons offered on Newegg (you can use the filter options to select the number of buttons):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users