Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malicious links on website.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TSHS

TSHS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Starting working in the IT field about 2 years ago. Help manage a small wisp. Today we got informed of an issue. We provide hospitality wifi for most of the city/public areas. A boys and girls club has a website hosted elsewhere that shows random malicious links (Pharma ads) but only through our network. Connect to our network and they show. Connect using another service/isp and they don't. The access points in the club's local network uses a Unifi controller and hardware. I disconnected the controller (virtual machine) running off a Windows server and the site still had issues. This might seem trivial to some but I'm still learning. Any ideas how this is happening? Any advice on finding the cause?
Any and all advice is appreciated. Trying to get a step ahead. This is a very new problem that popped up today. Thanks for your time. Glad I found this forum.
- J

Edited by TSHS, 05 August 2016 - 07:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users