Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor went black

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wiskerluv

wiskerluv

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

When I went to turn my PC on today, the monitor was black.  All the connections seemed okay.  Went to Best Buy tonight to buy new monitor, but that's not working either.  What could it be?  With the old monitor, I heard my PC start up,  but since installing the new one, I hear nothing. HELP!

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2016 - 02:23 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Well if you don't hear the computer start up, there's a problem in the computer itself, not the monitor. When you say hear it startup, what did you hear that you're no longer hearing? Power supply fan, POST confirmation beep, Windows startup sound? Do any power lights come on? If not, have you checked if there is a master power switch on the back of the computer that has been bumped off, or the mains plug come loose in the socket? What brand and model is the computer?

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users