Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd "Add Printer" Behavior

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tomtt2

tomtt2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

I've used XP Pro for years and have it on a number of computers.

I currently have a wireless home network with a Brother wireless printer on it.

All three of my computers print to the Brother printer normally and that includes one Windows 10 machine.

Recently, I used the "Add Printer" wizard and did "browse" for network printers Nothing showed up. In the past, the Brother showed up fairly quickly. I checked my other computers and they too did now show the Brother printer.

I accessed my router through by browser and looked at the "client list" and the brother was listed, no problem

I checked some of the router documentation and it talked about a DMZ, so I added the printer to the DMZ. Still it does not show up on the Add Printer wizard, but it prints just fine.

I know, I know. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but I'm trying to bring another computer on line and the printer just will not show up when you browse the network for printers.

Does anyone have any ideas why a network printer would function perfectly, but not be visible?

Thanks

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 11 August 2016 - 06:12 PM.
Moved from Win XP to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users