Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get rid of windows 10

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bigbaddad.415

bigbaddad.415

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

Hi dose anyone know how to get rid of windows 10 without replacing the hard drive 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hi bigbaddad.415 :)

What do you mean by that? If you want to get rid of Windows 10, you can simply format your drive and install a new OS (Windows or a Linux distro) on it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 bigbaddad.415

bigbaddad.415
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:32 AM

I tried that it was 4 hours of watching a circle spin around & I had to cook dinner for my Granddaughter . i checked on it wile doing that then I come back & it was installing Windows 10 again without me doing anything . So I have no window 7 files or drivers , I went onto HP'S website & downloaded drivers from there . 

#4 doveroh

doveroh

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:44 AM

Are you trying to go back to Windows 7 from Windows 10? 

Are you using a Windows 7 CD or has it been within the 30 days to use the Windows 10 to go back to Windows 7 option within the system?

#5 bigbaddad.415

bigbaddad.415
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:20 AM

Its been more than the Thirty days when I tried . Yes I have a windows 7 disc's & I made recovery disc's . I tried to run the windows 7 disc's my laptop will not open the files but it put them all in my downloads . It seems to be going better but will not run the HDMI port to my TV & I have run one recovery disc but I don't have any of the HP short cuts back as of yet

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

I have Windows 10 on 3 PCs at home and another 28 I support.  I haven't seen anything wrong with it.  Why do you want to get rid of it?

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#7 bigbaddad.415

bigbaddad.415
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

Hp recommends not to install it on my model as it is untested by HP & it crashes all the time . I have had it since 2010 , I did not know Hp recommended not to install it as they have not tested for this model

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:47 PM

Windows 10 has a month period after you upgrade to Windows 10 where you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows OS. Visit my tutorial to learn how to go back to your previous version of Windows OS the tutorial link is below.

Restore Previous Version of Windows after Upgrading to Windows 10

Posted Image

#9 bigbaddad.415

bigbaddad.415
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

Yeh mate it was four months before I tried to get rid of it 

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,010 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

bigbaddad45:

You need to try a clean install of Windows 7 again, making sure you tell it during the install to reformat your hard drive as part of the install or completely reformatting it yourself prior using some bootable utility to do so.

I've done an "install over" install of Linux on a machine that had been Windows Vista, upgraded to Windows 10 during the Insider Program pre-release, but for which a suitable mousepad driver under Windows 10 could never be found.  There should be no reason that you can't tell any OS installer to just wipe what's already there (reformat) and install from scratch and not have that work.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 ANIMAL.03

ANIMAL.03

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Thinking about getting rid of 10 myself. It made my screen larger so now I can only see half of the task bar at the bottom of the screen when putting the mouse at the bottom, also Explorer or what ever it calls it now keeps locking up. I think I might just go back to 8, im not trying to jump your thread just letting you know you are not alone in going backwards :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users