Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing....me

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

Hi Everybody
I have just registered with your site because it looks friendly and informative. I'm not a newbie but certainly have lots to learn.
I just turned 40 (wasn't as bad as I thought!) I live in a smallish mining town where I would love to learn more to do with computers but nothing on offer.
Ah well.....lets see what happens.....Love this smiley...have to use it....no real reason. :thumbsup:
Ness

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hi, Aussie Ness.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

Posted Image Aussie Ness

I live in a smallish mining town where I would love to learn more to do with computers but nothing on offer.

well.... there's plenty on offer here :thumbsup:
Just check out the tutorials.... there's loads on offer there :flowers:
It's good to see you.

BBPP6nz.png

#4 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:39 AM

Thank you both for the warm welcome. :thumbsup:

Starbuck I love the pic of the Firefox eating Internet Explorer. That' just brilliant. I've been using Firefox for years...it's the best thing since sliced bread.

See you both round the forums...I have a couple of issues (nothing urgent) that I'd like to rectify. One was solved yesterday by reading through various forums.
Ness

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

Thanks to the power of the Internet, no one need be isolated, and a world of knowledge lies literally on your keyboard. BC provides a lot of information, and of course help when you have a special problem.
Welcome to this great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

Thanks John...I can't understand why so many people don't use their computer for more than just the odd email. It's a useful tool and without it I would have lost my mind over the last few years that we have lived here. We came from a larger town and took for granted the many services available.
I don't get to 'play' very often as motherhood, work and domestic duties take up so much of my time, but I plan to get back to my video editing (is almost a year since I last attacked it) and will probably have to start from scratch!!! I encountered problems every step of the way and felt enormous satisfaction when I scoured the net and eventually solved the issue. In addition it's nice to meet people from other countries. The world is definitely getting smaller.
Ah well, time to get ready for son's soccer practice...no playing on the net for me today!
Ness
Ness

#7 Gaming Guru

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to the forums! :thumbsup: Hopefully you will enjoy it here...
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6GHz Processor / 1GB RAM / Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3 / Windows Vista Home Premium

#8 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Jordan. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Ness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users