Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What makes dunkin donut coffee taste different from mcdonalds and starbucks?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

I went to all three stores and tasted their coffee.

The coffee at mcdonalds and starbucks tasted the same to me, but the one at dunkin donut tasted different.

I liked the one at dunkin donut best.

At first I thought it was because mcdonalds and starbucks used arabica beans but I checked dunkin donuts and they also used those beans.

What actually is the difference of their ingredients that makes them taste so different, even though they're both coffee?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compbuff

compbuff

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

Haha that's an interesting question. I've noticed how McDonalds and Starbucks coffee taste the same, and Dunkin Donuts is different, and yes, it does taste better. I prefer buying from a good cafe because I find many of the big high steet coffee vendors like the mentioned ones seem to be diluted tastewise due to the sheer number of customers they serve and it seems to compromise the quality of the coffee, in my humble opinion anyway. If I'm stuck needing a quick refill on the go somewhere and one of the big high street vendors like McDonalds or Starbucks is the only available one, I would get one from there, but not out of choice if a good cafe is around that I know of. Maybe it comes down to an industrial filter machine is just not as efficient as a decent well looked after medium sized one cafes have, rather than the type of coffee bean? I don't know lol

Edited by compbuff, 05 August 2016 - 07:50 AM.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

I don't drink coffee, but my dad told me McDonald's and Starbucks coffee is much more acidic than DD coffee.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

There's a lot more to coffe than where it comes from.

The roasting process, storage, the grinding, the temperature of the water used to make it, any additives you put in it - milk, sugar and so on - to name but a few. I drink espresso if it is available and even where two establishments are using the same brand of coffee it can taste quite different.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#5 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

I can't drink Dunkin Donuts coffee. It gives me agita. No other coffee does.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#6 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 441 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

I don't drink coffee outside of home. I think it is enormously overpriced, and I think the surroundings pretentious.

Edited by georgehenry, 07 August 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#7 Setera

Setera

• Banned Spammer
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

possible, method of roasting beans?

#8 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:28 AM

Yes, it's the roasting probably the biggest effect.  Quality of the beans, possible, but if really good gourmet beans, the roast level and freshness of the roast are very important.  Starbucks coffee is burned, no matter high much roast.

#9 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

I've never had coffee at a fast food place - the town I live in has dozens of cafes, most of which make delicious cofee. My wife's cousin owns a coffee roastery, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users